|Ressources » Projets
||- | +
|New Program Model to Support Research, Evaluation, Education and Échange des connaissances
Santé publique Ontario (PHO), in collaboration with public health stakeholders, has developed a new program model to support the following key functions of public health practice in Ontario:
- Applied Research and Program Evaluation: Applied research and program evaluation in the area of public health.
- Education and Perfectionnement professionnel: Continuing education for health professionals and leadership in undergraduate, graduate and continuing professional education of future public health professionals.
- Échange des connaissances: The synthesis, dissemination and diffusion of knowledge about public health.
This new program model was developed in consultation with public health units and associations, the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport. It comprises five program elements and associated services for each.
An interactive diagram of the new program model appears below.
For more information about the development of the program, please refer to the Renseignements généraux Information section of the Reports & Ressources page.
The new program model was introduced at a webinar on January 21, 2011.
Monthly E-mail Bulletin Begins Publication
The Exchange, a monthly e-bulletin with news and information about services supporting applied research, program evaluation, education, Perfectionnement professionnel and Échange des connaissances in public health, is hot off the presses. This monthly newsletter goes to a large network of partners and interested individuals who are members of a distribution list. It is also posted to our website. If you would like to be added to the bulletin’s distribution list please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Placement, Education and Preceptorship (SPEP) Network Report
The report from the SPEP Network March 17th Workshop is now available as a full report or a one-page summary. For more information visit the SPEP website.
Stay tuned for…
- Ethics Framework Report – Health units will be able to provide their feedback on two soon-to-be- released reports on: 1) a framework to guide ethical review of public health Études, and 2) a description of the ethics services to be offered by PHO and an overview of how they will be implemented. For more details visit the Ethics Support page.
- Results of LDCP Workshop - The first of three workshops to select and develop the 2011 locally driven collaborative Projets (LDCP) was held April 5. More than 50 representatives from health units, universities, ministries and community partners participated in the session. A brief recap of the workshop is available and a detailed final report will be posted by mid-May.
- Stay tuned for the report of the findings from the Student Education and Preceptorship Key Informant Survey conducted this spring.
- Library Services Survey Report – An environmental scan of health unit library services and Ressources and the level of access to these services was conducted in March and April. The results will be posted on this website soon.
Join the Student Placement, Education and Preceptorship (SPEP) Network
PHO invites student-education coordinators, preceptors in public health and those with a general interest in shaping and nurturing the next generation of public health professionals to join the Student Placement, Education and Preceptorship (SPEP) Network.
Membership in the network will put you in touch with other health units and professionals striving to create a culture of learning and education. You'll gain access to Ressources and tools and to a community of support for practical solutions and problem-solving, and be part of developing new Ressources and services to enhance the student placement process and preceptorships.
For more information, please contact Karen Jenkins, Student Education and Preceptor Liaison, at email@example.com.
Sign up for our e-bulletin The Exchange, a monthly newsletter containing news and updates about the program. If you would like to receive The Exchange, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHO welcomes the opportunity to talk to you about the program and its services. If you would like PHO to attend your health unit, team, association or working group meetings to discuss the program further, please Pour nous joindre at email@example.com.
Please stay tuned to this website for more program news as it develops.